All it takes is a stack of great books & a commitment to read every day!
(Click on the hyperlink above to access recommended reading lists.)
To support our students with their summer reading goals, the ASIJ Elementary Library allows returning students to check out books during summer vacation. If your child is interested in participating in summer check out, please complete the summer checkout parent permission form below.
Click on link: Summer Checkout Parent Permission Form
- This form is due May 31st.
- This form is required for returning students to check out books.
- This year, homerooms will have a specified time for students to check out their summer reading books.
- Students will be limited to 10 print books.
- All books are due on student orientation day in August.
You will not be able to access your teacher’s free EPIC account when you are off campus this summer, but if you would like to continue having access to EPIC’s 40,000 books, EPIC has a special summer offer!
Code: Summer 21
Offer ends 6/17/2021
(collated by Ms. Pretz – ASIJ ES Teacher-Librarian)
Step 1: On your iPad install the SORA app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store. On your laptop point your browser to soraapp.com.
Step 2: On SORA find The American School in Japan (tap).
Step 3: Sign-in
SORA Username & Password Information for Students & Faculty:
Username: ASIJ Gmail account email
Password: KG/Gr. 1 school selected password – contact your child’s teacher or email@example.com ; Gr. 2 – 5 student-created “super secret password”.
Step 3: Tap the Explore tab (binoculars icon).
Step 4: Tap Open Book or Open Audiobook to read or listen to the book. Tap Options to renew or return the book.
Step 5: Go to the SORA bookshelf icon and click on OPTIONS to return a book early or to renew a book.
SORA Username & Password Information for Parents:
Username: firstname.lastname (same as Destiny Library catalog username)
Password: The password is the Veracross Axiom ID of the parent
- New Parents with Black ASIJ Parent ID cards: back of the card
- Parents with Green or Purple ASIJ Parent ID cards: Go online to your Gold Card Membership, click on Family and your ID number will show there.