The ASIJ Elementary Library is joining thousands of schools and libraries worldwide to celebrate World Read Aloud Day on February 24th.
How can you prepare for World Read Aloud Day?
- Checkout a recommended read aloud book on display in the elementary library today!
- Checkout your favorite read aloud chapter or picture book and practice reading with expression.
How can you participate on Wednesday, February 24th?
- Come to the elementary library during any recess to read aloud your favorite picture book or chapter from your favorite chapter book to a group of ASIJ friends.
- Listen to a “mystery reader” read aloud a story in the elementary library.
- Read aloud to a friend, teacher, parent, or sibling anytime throughout the day or evening.
Recommended World Read Aloud Day Book (click here for a copy of this story)
This is an excellent read aloud to discuss compassion, friendship, belonging, confidence, and hope.
Click here for more information about World Read Aloud Day.