Who: Grades 3, 4 and 5
What: Sakura Picture Books
Why: Share your love of reading with the school community and demonstrate your oral reading fluency.
When: February 27th – April 7th (during a recess)
Where: Grade K, 1 or 2 classroom.
- Read ALL five required Sakura picture books for your grade level.
- Rate and log each book in your Sakura Reading Log.
- Sign-up to be a Reader Leader ONLY after you have completed all 5 required books.
- Pick one of the 5 books to read aloud.
- Practice reading your book aloud with a friend using the Reader Leader Checklist.
- Practice reading your book aloud to Ms. Pretz or Mrs. Fields.
- Once you demonstrate that you are reading with fluency and expression you will be assigned a classroom.